Wednesday 4 December 2019

Lindal and Marton School

This morning Sarah and I visited Lindal and Marton School to do our Christmas assembly.  Sarah started by asking the children if they had had chocolate for breakfast - which a few had.  She then asked why, we got a number of different answers but we eventually got because it is Advent.  She briefly explained what Advent is about before handing over to me.  I did my Christmas cut and restore routine which involves removing the letters from Christmas starting with the s all the way to the t.  For each letter I removed I asked the children to think of something that was to do with Christmas that started with that letter.  I then explained that all the things the children had said are to do with Christmas but if Christmas was only that the n we would spoil Christmas - just like I had done removing the letters.  I then asked the children if they thought I could restore Christmas so with some folding and pushing and dropping a piece on the floor (which I made a big deal about) which brought a laugh - I did restore Christmas.  Then pointing to the bit on the floor I got someone to hand it to me and when I opened it much to everyone's surprise it said Happy Birthday Jesus.  Sarah then drew the illustration to a close and explained that if we didn't have Jesus we won't have Christmas.  We then sang Rejoice with Us before Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment