Thursday 5 December 2019

St Mary's RC School

This morning Sarah and I went to do our Christmas assembly at St Mary's RC School.  Sarah started the assembly by talking about chocolate and wanted to know how many children had had some either before breakfast or just after and why.  The answer was yes from most children and why because it is Advent.  She explained a little about Advent before handing over to me to talk about Christmas.  I did my torn and restore Christmas routine for the children and removed letters from the word Christmas and each time a letter was removed I asked the children for a word that started with the letters that was to do with Christmas so we had s - Santa, snow, snowman, etc all the way to the letter t leaving us with Chris - who is that I asked.  I then started to push all the removed pieces back together and dropping one as I did so -which generated a laugh for the children particularly when I said to them did you see that.  So I restored Christmas but what was on the floor, I asked the children if they thought the other letters were on the floor but much to their surprise it wasn't as the slip of paper said Happy Birthday Jesus.  Sarah then explained that without Jesus there would be no Christmas.  She also reminded the children that when they open their Christmas parcels on Christmas Day to not only say thank you to the person that gave them the present but to thank God for sending Jesus.  to finish off we sang Rejoice with us before Sarah said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment