Monday 2 December 2019

St Pius X School

This morning Sarah and I went to do an assembly at St Pius X School in Barrow, it was our first assembly at this school.  It was also the first of our Christmas assemblies so we were both very excited about our visit.  We had such a warm welcome into the school from both the children and the staff.  After being introduced we started our assembly with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger, which got everyone on their feet and warmed up.  As we are now in the season of Advent Sarah asked who had had chocolate for breakfast - some hands went up, she then handed over to me.  I had a slip of paper with the word Christmas on it in red and asked the children what is Christmas.  Then looking at the letters I started to remove them starting with the s, a, m, t and each time asked the children for a word about Christmas that started with each of the letters so we had Santa, stocking, advent, mince pies, Christmas tree etc then looking at what we had left - chris so I asked who is that?  All the things the children said are part of Christmas but if it was only that then we are not left with very much else.  I then decided to try and put Christmas back together except as I did so something fell onto the floor which caused the children to laugh so I carried on and much to their surprise I restored Christmas - and the paper on the floor said Happy Birthday Jesus - that is what Christmas is all about.  We then sang Rejoice with Us this Christmas.  Sarah finished off with a prayer at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment