Wednesday 11 December 2019

Lindal School

This morning I went to Lindal School to do our Christmas assembly.  It was great to see all the children and staff again.  To start with we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger afterwards I asked the children if they had had any chocolate today - hands went up so I asked if they had had it before breakfast - hands stayed up.  Next I asked them why, a few didn't know they just did they said, others said because it was from their Advent calendar.  I explained that Advent is a time of waiting - waiting for what though - Christmas.  I then did my Christmas torn and restored gospel illusion for the children were I remove letters from the word Christmas until we are left with just Chr.  Each time a letter is removed I ask the children to think of something to do with Christmas that starts with that letter.  I then restore Christmas and drop some paper on the floor as I do so - the children laughed thinking it was the removed letters but when the word Christmas is finally restored and the paper on the floor picked up and opened out it says Happy Birthday Jesus.  I went on to explain that without Jesus there would be no Christmas.  All the things the children said about Christmas do make it but without Jesus it would never have happened.  To finish we sang Rejoice with us then I finished the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment