Wednesday 22 February 2012

St Peters

Today we did our assembly a little differently as we did the talk part first before we sang that was because I stood at the front looking very sad and down wearing a pair of dark glasses. Sarah said good morning to the children and they responded back then I said good what is good about it, everything looks dark to me, the room, outside and even the children. Which was rather interesting as the children were having an international day today and they had dressed up for the occasion. It was not long before someone said that I should remove my dark glasses. I slowly pulled them up and was taken back at how bright everything was. Sarah then went on to explain that we sometimes meet people who look at everything negative when ever someone says something to them they respond with a negative comment. I explained that I was only acting and that the Bible tells us lots of times about when we do what is good and follow Jesus our lives can be a lot happier, I mentioned about how Jesus healed the sick and told wonderful stories. Sarah said that Jesus wants us to be like him - always happy after all Jesus knew what was going to happen to him but he still was happy about it and so we should be happy too. We sang 'Be Happy' followed by 'Shine' and finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment