Wednesday 8 May 2013

Low Furness School - Relationships

The theme given for the assembly was relationships.  There are lots of examples in the bible of relationships but both Sarah and I came up with the same one Jacob and Esau.  After singing So Many Ways to Praise the Lord I used the Lion Storyteller bible to tell the story of Jacob and Esau.  I explained that they were brothers - twins even and that one was all hairy and the other smooth skinned.  I also explained that Esau didn't care much about family were Jacob did and although what Jacob did seemed to be wrong God's favour was on him and he went on to be called Israel and father 12 sons which became the 12 tribes.  Following the story and the little talk I said that we shouldn't be like Esau who only thought of himself but we should be like Jacob who put others first.  After this we sang Be Happy and then Sarah prayed with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment