Thursday 9 May 2013

Our Lady's - relationships - Jacob and Esau

This morning I went to Our Lady's.  To start with we sang So Many Ways to Praise the Lord.  I then introduced the theme which was about relationships and to help me I was telling the story of Jacob and Esau.  I did explain as I was telling the story that God had told Jacob's mother Rebecca that he was going to be the chosen one and that he would rule over his older brother.  The story was adapted from the Lion Storyteller Bible and I added in some hand signs for Jacob and Esau.  I needed to explain that Esau only really cared about himself while Jacob cared for other people.  I asked the children what was better to be like Esau or to be like Jacob.  Following the story we sang Be Happy and I finished the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment