Monday 20 May 2013

Penny Bridge School - pentecost

Today Sarah and I went over to Penny Bridge school to take the assembly.  We decided not to sing to start as the talk was going to be a little longer.  As it was Pentecost on Sunday our theme was on that.  I just did a brief explanation about Pentecost being a Jewish Festival but for us as Christians it is the birthday of the church.  To help tell the story of the first Pentecost I used a Bob Hartman story from one of his books.  The children could make a response with actions during the chorus of the poem.  After this I did explain some parts of it and talked about the Holy Spirit then Sarah asked me what that was and what did it do.  To explain I had a picture covered in blue paint and a dry sponge, when I tried to clean the picture nothing happened, however when I put the sponge in water it look no different but now it could easily clean the picture.  The point was the Holy Spirit enables us to do what God intended us to do which is spread the good news, just like the water helps the sponge to clean the picture.  Sarah then said when we do that we Shine from the inside out which was a cue for a song.  I closed the assembly in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment