Saturday 18 May 2013

Messy Church

This afternoon it has been Messy Church down at the Methodist Church in Ulverston.  The theme was all about the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.  The children had a great time making flame pictures by blowing paint, kite making, cake decorating (birthday cake).  The little talk was about the celebration of Pentecost and how it is the birthday of the church I put up some bunting and started to explain what Pentecost was - the Holy Spirit coming down with a great wind and fire etc. then Mike interrupted me by asking what the Holy Spirit was, did.  So I asked him to come to the front and gave him a picture that was covered in paint, I also gave him a dry sponge.  I asked him to clean the picture while I went to get a bucket with water - he couldn't clean the picture so I took the sponge and put it in the water, when I lifted it out it didn't look any different than before put now it could be used to clean the picture - why because the water within it helped to do it.  Now I said that is like the Holy Spirit in us it helps us to do the job we were meant to do for Jesus. We might not look any different but we are inside.  Following this we sang Shine from the inside out so the world will see that You live in me.  We have a fab time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment