Thursday 2 May 2013

St Peters - Being MAD, square to cross??

This morning Sarah and I went for our first visit of the summer term to St Peters.  We welcomed everyone and asked them about Easter before we sang Giant of Faith.  I had taken my square to cross prop with me and told the children the story of Jesus healing the man that was lowered down through the roof my his four friends.  I used the prop to create shapes that helped to tell the story.  At the end I made the cross shape and explained that Jesus did have the right to forgive the man from his sins and we know that now because of what he did on the cross.  I also focused on the four friends who I called MAD that is Make A Difference friends, they helped the man to get to Jesus so they made a difference.  And I continued if we do that we can Shine from the inside out.  Which was a perfect cue for a song - Shine.  Sarah close with a prayer followed by the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment