Monday 13 March 2017

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I was at Church Walk Primary School for the assembly.  I started off with Be Happy then said that Sarah wasn't with me so it wasn't going to be a Mark and Sarah assembly but a Mark and Scruff one instead.  I lifted Scruff out and started to talk to him but not for very long as he was very smelly and also wet - which the children found very funny.  I repeatedly asked him why he was wet and smelly and I got a number of different answers from - having a shower, to it is raining outside to spilling his water bowl.  I however think that he had been running through the long wet grass.  He wasn't being very truthful with me so I sent him away to think about it.  This linked with the story of Peter when he denied that he knew Jesus which happened just after Jesus had been arrested.  Despite the fact that Jesus had told Peter he would do it he still did it - he wasn't very strong and courageous.  I encouraged the children not to be like Scruff who lied or Peter who denied but to stand up for what they do and believe including the things that they like and people  they like.  I did bring the story back round to when Jesus asked Peter 3 times if he loved him therefore cancelling out the previous events and then Peter standing up strong and courageous on the day of Pentecost and thousands of people decided to follow Jesus.  Peter then was shinning from the inside out - cue for a song - Shine.  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment