Thursday 2 March 2017

St Mary's RC School

This morning I went to St Mary's RC School in Ulverston.  I started the assembly by saying how happy I felt today because yesterday I had seen my first lambs of the year so Spring is on it's way.  This linked nicely into the song I had planned to sing first - Be Happy.  After the song I displayed a picture of an acorn and the little ones at the front if they knew what it was - an acorn came the reply from one little boy.  Next I asked the children in year 1 what acorns grow into - oak trees.  This linked into the phrase mighty oaks from little acorns grow - I displayed this on the screen as I read it and then explained what it meant.  I then said that they were like little acorns ready to grow up into mighty oaks.  I even said that one day one of them mighty be prime minister or a top scientist or something.  I then told them the story of how God selected David as king even though he was only a small boy at the time and that he went onto be the greatest king Israel ever had.  I told the children that God had great plans for them and although they may not think it now God can do anything anything at all - cue for a song.  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment