Monday 6 March 2017

Croftlands Junior School

This morning Sarah and I have been to Croftlands Junior School.  To start the assembly we sang So Many Ways to Praise the Lord, I then turned to Sarah and the children and announced that Sarah was telling this mornings story - which Sarah denied, so we had words like yes you are, no I haven't got it, well I gave it to you before - this back and forth talk brought a laugh.  I then turned to the children and said you know what this is? It is an ...and I displayed in big letters on the screen 'Awkward Moment' to which the children laughed again Sarah followed that with I'm embarrassed as I displayed a red faced emoji.  I then turned to the children saying Sarah denied having the story because it was part of what I wanted to talk about today.  Then then introduced the story of Peter when he three times denied who Jesus was on the night before he was crucified, Peter was told by Jesus that he was going to do it as well.  The point was Peter when faced with a difficult situation wasn't strong or courageous to stand up for the truth.  Sarah expanded on this idea with the children encouraging them to be strong and with God's help we can all be strong.  I then finished off the story by recalling the events at Pentecost.  Sarah then said Peter was Shining out Jesus when he stood up and talked to the crowd - cue for a song - Shine.  After the song Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment