Wednesday 15 March 2017

St Mary's Dalton

This morning I went to do the assembly at St Mary's Dalton.  it was great to see all the children again. I started off the assembly with So Many Ways to Praise the Lord then I introduced the children to Scruff the Dog, saying that today instead of Mark and Sarah it was Mark and Scruff.  Scruff was rather smelly and wet so when I asked him why and if he had been in the long wet grass he gave me a different answer each time.  First he said that he had been for a shower - then he said it was raining outside - then it was because he had knocked over his water bowl.  I sent him away to think about his answers.  I then linked this with Peter who denied Jesus 3 times despite being told by Jesus that he would do it.  Scruff lied and Peter denied.  However Jesus did ask Peter if he loved him 3 times once he had come back to life if he loved him this in a way cancelled out Peter's denials.  Then on the day of Pentecost Peter stands up and tells thousands about Jesus and then the church started.  Peter wasn't strong at first nor was he courageous but later he was.  I encouraged the children to stand up for what they believe in and to be strong and courageous like Peter was in the end also not to be like Scruff who made up stories to cover up things.  After this we sang Shine because that is what Peter did when he told the crowd about Jesus.  To close I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment