Tuesday 14 March 2017

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Low Furness School.  We started by singing So Many Ways to Praise the Lord.  I then sat down and reminded the children how they sometimes refer to Sarah and I - it's Mark and Sarah as if we are one and the same person - today however I said that might change as it is no longer Mark and Sarah but Mark and Scruff.  Scruff came along with us to help set the theme for the assembly.  He was wet and very smelly so when asked why he gave me some many different answers when the really reason was more likely he had been playing in the long wet grass; he said he had taken a shower, then he changed that to it is raining before then saying that it was water from his drinking bowl which he had knocked over.  He was set away and told to think about what he had said.  This linked with the story and theme for the day which was Peter denying Jesus three times.  I used pictures to tell the story and acted out some of the actions too.  I made the point that Scruff lied and Peter denied.  I did continue the story and explain that although Peter wasn't strong at first to stand up for Jesus he was later because on the day of Pentecost thousands of people listen to him and decided to follow Jesus which is what started the church.  I encouraged the children not to be like Scruff and like Peter was at first but to be strong and courageous and stand firm to what they believe.  To conclude we sand My Lighthouse before Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment