Friday 8 March 2019

Broughton School

On Wednesday Sarah and I went over to Broughton School for the assembly.  We didn't start with a song as I had an illustration which involved three children.  As the children came out to the front I told them that one of us at the front was going to go away and sit down with a big bag of sweets.  I showed the children four coloured bags and one had loads of sweets in it.  But they had to choose which bag by selecting one of four numbered playing cards.  I then gave them the choice to swap the card they had for someone else's card or my card - they decided to keep the card they had.  I then took out a small bag inside was four numbered discs in the same colours as the bags.  Giving each child the disc of the number they had, then exchanging the disc for the coloured bag I ended up with all the sweets - you mad the wrong choice I said as the children went to sit back down again (I did give them a couple of sweets though)  I then went on to tell the story of the wise and foolish man.  The wise man built his house on rock which was a good choice as when the rain, wind and storm came the house stood firm.  The foolish man built on sand and the rain washed the house away.  I explained that this is a parable an earthly story about an everyday thing that has a heavenly meaning.  Sarah then went on to talk about the choices we all make each day and how we should be like the wise man and decide to build our lives on a firm solid foundation.  This linked into Be Happy as it says I'll follow Jesus 'til the day I drop. After the song Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment