Tuesday 5 March 2019

Croftlands Infant School

This morning Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Croftlands Infant School.  We started with a small illustration that needed three people to help me, so Sarah picked out the children and I explained that one of us at the front would go away with a full bag of sweets however they needed to chose a card first.  Once they had their card they could chose to swap it with someone else's card or keep the one they had.  Then I took out some coloured discs that had numbers on them and gave each child a disc of the number they had chosen, the colour of the disc represented a coloured bag.  Once we had all got a bag we looked inside the children each had two sweets but I ended up with them all - wrong choice I said as the children took their sweets and sat down.  I then told the parable of the wise and foolish man - the wise man built a house on a firm foundation and the foolish one built on sand.  When the rain came and the wind blew the flood waters rose the foolish man's house washed away where as the wise man's house stood firm.  Sarah then went on to explain the meaning of the parable and to talk about making good choices in life ones that are built on a firm foundation.  We then sang Be Happy as a line in it linked to what we had been saying - I'll follow Jesus 'til the day I drop.  Sarah then closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment