Wednesday 13 March 2019

Lindale School

This morning I went down to Lindale School for the assembly.  The theme I had been given was the temptations of Jesus as the school are looking and working towards Easter.  So I did the illustration about choices that we have done in several schools during the past few weeks, then told the children about the events of Jesus being tempted.  I explained that Jesus had a choice to listen to the temptation or to respond in a different way, I also explained that we all get tempted at some point or other and we also are faced in life with many choices but it is how we deal with them that matters.  We should build our lives on a solid firm foundation and make good choices and not be tempted to join in when someone is being nasty to someone else instead choose to tell a teacher say.  I read the line from the song Be Happy which says I'll follow Jesus 'til the day I drop and said that by doing that we are making a wise choice.  We then sang the song and I finished the assembly off with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment