Friday 8 March 2019

Flookburgh School

On Thursday morning I went down to Flookburgh School for the assembly.  I started by asking three children to come out and help me with an illustration.  I said that one of us was going to get a big bag of sweets when I had finished talking.  I then gave the children the choice of picking one of four playing cards numbered 1-4.  I asked if they were happy with the choice they had made or if they'd like to swap.  Next I took out four coloured discs each with a number on and swapped their card for the disc.  The coloured discs matched the colours of the bags I had except my bag had all the sweets in it and their bags just two sweets - wrong choice I said to them as they went to sit down.  I then told the wise and foolish man parable that Jesus used and explained that we need to build or lives on good solid firm foundations by making right choices.  This led into Be Happy as a line in the song says I'll follow Jesus 'til the day I drop.  After the song I finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment