Tuesday 12 March 2019

Low Furness School

This morning we went to do the assembly at Low Furness School.  We started by Sarah asking for three people to help me - loads of hands went up so she asked for people whohave a birthday soon like this week.  I explained that at the end one of us at the front would be sitting back down again with a bag of sweets but they had to make a choice - I had four playing cards an ace, a two, three and a four.  I mixed them up and asked them to make a choice I then gave them the chance to swap their card or keep it they decided to swap the cards they had.  Next I took out a bag with coloured discs in each had a number on it I gave each child the coloured disc of their chosen card.  Now the disc corresponded to a bag of the same colour, when they looked inside their bag they had just two sweets but I had all the rest - wrong choice I said as they sat back down.  I then told the wise and foolish man story pointing out afterwards that in live we all make choices and sometimes we make good choice's other times not so good ones.  The story is a parable which is an everyday earthly story with a hidden heavenly meaning and what Jesus was saying is that we need to build our lives on a good firm foundation which is making a good choice to follow him.  Sarah talk to them about when we make a good choice then we can feel happy and at peace and in the song Be Happy their is a line which says I'll follow Jesus 'til the day I drop which is what we now sang.  After the song Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment