Wednesday 20 March 2019

St Mary's Dalton

This morning Sarah and I went to do our choices assembly at Dalton St Mary's School. Sarah started by asking for children who had a birthday this week - we needed three children to help out.  I explained that one of us at the front would sit down feeling very happy as they would be holding a big bag of sweets - however they needed to make the right choice and to do so I had four playing cards and asked the three children to each pick one card.  I then gave them the choice to swap the card they had for someone else's card - they didn't.  Taking out a small bag which had four coloured and numbered discs in I gave each child the disc which matched their card number, next I exchanged the disc for a bag of the same colour except my bag had all the sweets in and their bag just had two sweets - wrong choice I said as they sat down.  I linked this to the parable Jesus told of the wise and foolish man. I explained that Jesus told earthly stories about every day things that had hidden heavenly meanings.  Sarah then went on to talk about the choices we make and how we should be like the wise man and build our lives on a firm solid foundation.  She also said that every day of our lives we make choices about all sorts of different things from the colour of socks we wear to.... joining in when someone is being nasty to someone else.  She encouraged the children to make good choices, she went on to mention the line in one of our songs - Be Happy it says I'll follow Jesus 'til the day I drop which is a good choice thing to do.  After singing the song Sarah finished the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment