Tuesday 5 March 2019

Croftlands Junior School

On Monday morning Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Croftlands Junior School.  We didn't start with a song as I had an illustration to do using three children.  Sarah picked out the children andI said that one of us at the front would go away with a bag of sweets.  I then got them to shoes a number so I used playing cards.  I then gave them the chance to change their minds with the choice they had made. The cards were replaced with coloured numbered discs which in turn represented a coloured bag.  As the children looked into their bag they did find a couple of sweets but I had most of them - wrong choice I said as the children sat down.  I then told the parable of the wise and foolish man one built on the rock and the other on the sand.  The rain came the wind blew and the wise man's hose stood firm while the other fell flat.  I went on to explain that in life we make choices all the time but we should try to build our life on firm solid foundations.  Sarah continue on this line as we prepared to sing Be Happy as it says I'll follow Jesus 'til the day I drop.  After the song she finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment