Wednesday 21 May 2014

St Peters

This morning I went along to St Peters.  Sarah should have been with me but her wheelchair is broken and is waiting repair.  Part of the school were out on a school trip so it was a small gathering of children.  I started with Be Happy and then told the Yertle the Turtle story as we have done in all the schools this month.  This led to the parable about the Tax Collector and the Pharisee.  I play the part of the Pharisee up and use grand words and a big voice to get the point over, then in a small voice play the Tax Collector with head bowed low to the ground.  Then as Jesus asked the crowd I ask the children which one of the two might they see in heaven - they reply the Tax Collector because he was the one that said sorry.  I explain that this is humility and that Jesus wants us to be humble.  I then showed a picture of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples before he died - I also explain why people needed their feet washing.  Jesus came to serve us and he showed humility as he did it.  He didn't do something and then brag about what he had done.  I encouraged the children to be like that to humbly do something just because it needed doing and not because they could then shout about it.  When we do this we can Shine from the inside out and that was our next song.  Following the song I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment