Monday 6 October 2014

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I went to Church Walk Primary School to do an assembly for Samaritan's Purse and Operation Christmas Child.  After singing God's love is bigger than a Burger I talked about how good it is to share things in love.  I opened a shoe box and brought out some love (wooden cut out of the word), I also said how it is good to share love and share what we have.  I opened a packet of sweets and asked if anyone would like part of this packet of sweets - one little girl was picked and I reminded her that I was going to give her part of the packet of sweets so I gave her the empty wrapper - it was exactly what I said I would give her part of the packet of sweets.  (I did give her a sweet too)  It was a simple illustration of sharing and how we should share good things with each other.  I then went through the power point that explains what happens to a shoe box and showed which countries the boxes go to before ending by saying how many boxes went last year both in the UK and in South Cumbria then I say a big Thank You to the children for the help last year.  I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment