Wednesday 15 October 2014

South Walney Juniors OCC assembly

This afternoon Sarah and I went over to Walney Island to take an assembly at South Walney Juniors on behalf of Operation Christmas Child.  We had a lovely welcome from the children.  After introducing ourselves we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger then Sarah talked about sharing.  She used the example of a banana and said if she had a banana and was to share it with a child and she only gave them the skin, then that wouldn't be very good would it.  She said that we should share the nice parts of the banana then she handed over to me and I talked about how when we fill a shoe box we can share something very special - and I took a shoe box and opened it and inside was the word love - this is what we can share when we fill a box  with all kind of good things.  I then ran through what happens to a shoe box from being wrapped to filled to collected, stored, processed packaged, warehoused, flown to a receiving country, delivered, received and finally open to let all the love that was put into burst out.  I then went through a showed pictures of children in all the different countries where shoe boxes got sent to last year and I encouraged the children to fill a box this year and send it to a needy child.  Sarah then said a short prayer and we then sang a final song Shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment