Wednesday 15 October 2014

Croftlands Infants School OCC assembly

This afternoon Sarah and I went to Croftlands Infants School for an Operation Christmas Child assembly.  We started the assembly with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger then Sarah shared a banana with one of the children well I say shared she gave them the skin - the useless, left over part.  It was to demonstrate that we need to share good things with each other and not just the bits we don't want.  I talked to the children about a shoe box and about the very special thing that I had in my shoe box - it was the word love, I told the children that when we fill a shoe box we fill it full of our love and it is one way of sharing.  I then did a short talk without the visual aids from the power point about what happens when we fill a shoe box then talked about all the countries that boxes got sent to last year.  We closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment