Monday 6 October 2014

Yarlside Prmary School Operation Christmas Child

This morning Sarah and I went to Yarlside Primary School to do and assembly for Operation Christmas Child.  It was our first ever visit to the school so we were quite excited at being able to have a new audience.  After introducing ourselves we sang God's Love is Bigger than A Burger, then as Sarah was about to start talking about shoe boxes I started to prepare my breakfast.  Sarah promptly stopped me and asked what I was doing - so I explained, we had and early start etc and I was hungry.  I was cutting up an apple, I offered to share it with her and promptly gave her the apple core.  This led Sarah to talk to the children about how good it is to share - good things with each other, which in turn led to me talking about filling shoe boxes full of goodies for needy children.  Sarah concluded the assembly with an encouragement to the children to try and fill shoe boxes this year and if they couldn't then we left an empty box that they could put a few bits into.  Sarah then prayed and the assembly ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment