Monday 4 July 2016

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I went to Church Walk Primary School for the last assembly of this School year.  It was great to see all the children again.  I decided to tell the story of Daniel and talk about the idea of moving on, so to start of we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  I then displayed pictures as I retold the Daniel story how he was a teenager who lived in Jerusalem and than the Babylonians took over and took Daniel and some of his friends off to Babylon.  I explained about being given the Kings food to eat and Daniel saying he only wanted water and vegetables - and how this action and him being obedient to God resulted in him being blessed and gaining a high position in the palace.  I explained that God showed his love to Daniel and his friends and protected them too and he shows that love and protection to us too.  I encouraged the children in that when they move up a year in September and perhaps move to a different class with a new teacher that God will be with them as he was with Daniel and like Daniel in Babylon they may find the place is different, that the work is different they may need to learn new things and find their way round in a new room.  To finish off we sang Great Big God as it talks about God holding us in his hands.  I then closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment