Monday 11 July 2016

Croftlands Junior School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Croftlands Juniors on my own.  I had decided to do a follow on from the transition assembly we did last time.  So to start off we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger I then explained that I was going to tell them who Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were as they had been featured in the assembly about Daniel last time.  I had some pictures to help tell the story.  As I displayed the picture of the three friends in the Fiery Furnace I asked someone to count the people they could see - 4 was the answer.  I then went onto explain that God was with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and he was protecting them and looking out for them.  The song we had sung talks about God's love being big enough to handle all our doubts and fears. To close off the talk I displayed again the verse from Joshua 1:8 - Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid for God is with you wherever you go.  To finish the assembly we sang as a special treat for the year 6 children the Chicken Dance.  I then finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment