Tuesday 12 July 2016

Croftlands Infant School

This morning Sarah and I went to Croftlands Infant School for our final assembly with them for this school year.  We didn't start with a song as we decided to tell the Daniel story like we have do in our transition assemblies.  So we used 4 children to play the parts of Daniel and his friends and I dressed up too as the Babylonian, Sarah told the story while I added in my parts too.  The children seemed to enjoy it and laughed in all the right places - so I repeated a few of the lines again just for the laugh.  After the drama Sarah talked to the children about the moves they will be making as one year moved to the next and as year 2 move to Croftlands Junior School.  She encouraged them by reminding them that God will be with them and used Joshua 1:8 verse - Be strong and courageous do not be afraid for God is with you wherever you go.  Then we sang Great big God and as Sarah introduced it she explained that up high God is there and down low he is there too.  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment