Wednesday 16 November 2016

Broughton School

This morning I went over to Broughton School for the assembly.  It was my first visit of the new school term and was great to see all the children again.  We started with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger then I told the story of Sarah's cat Millie.  Before Sarah met me 15 years or so ago, she had a cat (who is now 17).  Each day Sarah would come home from work and the cat would be waiting for her.  Once Sarah sat down the cat would join her and they would watch television together keeping each other company.  Well one day this is what was happening when Millie jumped down walked across the newly carpeted floor and did a massive poo in the corner before returning to Sarah's knee, fully expecting Sarah to continue as before.  This got Sarah thinking about us being a bit like the cat (we don't poo on the floor though) but we do make a mess and then come and expect God to continue to love us - which he does as his love is so big - link to song.  I then told the prodigal son story in short and said God is like the father who holds out his arms to us.  I linked this to the next song which was Inright Outright as it says Jesus cared for me when he died on Calvary, I displayed John 3:16 on the screen and read it through.  After the song we sang and I said a short prayer.  I then talked a little about how we can show love to others in filling a shoe box for a child that wouldn't be getting anything this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment