Wednesday 2 November 2016

Burlington School

This morning I went to do the first assembly of the new school year at Burlington School.  It was really good to see all the children and staff again after such a long time.  To start the assembly we sang Be Happy.  I then emptied the contains of my bag which contained a kinds of different things from wet suits to snow boots to gloves and life jackets I asked the children to thing what linked them all together.  The link was they all protect us, I then used an Andy Robb book to read the account of Jesus calming the storm.  Afterwards I linked the story and the objects by explaining that in life we have ups and downs and we need someone to help us and even protect us - the items can all help protect us but are not much use when we are worried about something like a test or exam.  The disciples were in a storm going up and down so they called on Jesus to help them and we can too.  I finished the assembly with Wonderful Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment