Monday 7 November 2016

Croftlands Junior School

This morning I went to Croftlands Junior  School for the assembly. Not all  the school was in  as some were on a school trip.  So after singing God's love is bigger than a Burger, I told them about Millie Sarah's cat.  I explained that Sarah had a cat before I met her and they would sit together, and keep each other company.  One day Sarah was having a quiet time with the cat sat on her knee, when it jumped down and did a massive poo on her new carpet, then climbed back up onto her knee expecting Sarah to show it love again.  This is  bit like us and God, he loves us so much and yet we do things wrong (we don't poo on the carpet) and after we have done those things wrong we expect God to continue to love us - and he does!  I then told the prodigal son story in a brief form explaining that God is like the father in the story and he holds his arms wide open to us.  To bring the assembly to a close we sang Inright Outright as it talks about the care and the love God has for us in sending Jesus, I displayed the words of John 3:16 on the screen before we sang it.  I then closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment