Thursday 3 November 2016

Flookburgh Primary School

Today Sarah and I went down to Flookburgh Primary School for the assembly.  We started with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  I then told them the story of Sarah's cat Millie that liked to sit on her knee when she lived on her own before I met her.  Well there was this one time when Sarah and Millie were together and Millie was on Sarah's knee but then got off walked to the other side of the room did a massive poo before getting back onto Sarah's knee.  Now Sarah's loves Millie but what about this time? - It is a bit like that with us and God - he loves us so much and yet we do things wrong and turn back to God to be loved some more (a bit like Millie)  I then mentioned the prodigal son story and talked about the son running away and yet the father never stopped looking for him - like God does with us.  God loves us so much he sent Jesus into the world - I displayed John 3:16 on the screen and talked about it before introducing our final song Inright Outright which talks about the care and the love Jesus has for us.  I closed then with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment