Wednesday 16 November 2016

St Peters School

This morning I went to St Peters school to do an assembly and pick up their shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  after we had sung Great Big God I asked if anyone had ever told a lie - hands went up then I asked if anyone had done something wrong and blamed someone else - hands went up.  I then told the Adam and Eve story which generated a laugh particularly when I said that Adam and Eve had no clothes on.  The end of the story saw Adam blame Eve, Eve blame the snake.  I explained what happen next and how it is not right to lie and blame other people.  I then asked the children who it was that taught them to lie - nobody did it is part of human nature to therefore we need to try and be as honest as we can and when we do wrong own up and say sorry.  I then got the children to think about that before saying a short prayer.  I then thanked the children for their shoeboxes this year and said a prayer for the children who will be getting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment