Thursday 13 September 2012

BX lesson 1 Broughton

This afternoon I have been over to Broughton CE School to do lesson 1 of Bible Explorer.  It was a mixed class of year 5 and 6.  To start with I am not sure the children quite knew what to expect but once I got into the story parts of Genesis like the Adam and Eve story, they began to willing join in.  By the end of the lesson every time I took out a new prop or costume the children sat up straight and waited to be ask if they wanted to be part of the story.  The children really took to the hand signs too and they all joined in.  Then at the end of the Genesis story there was the usual groan as I asked them if they knew what happened next and I say 'I'll tell you next week'.  The children helped to pack away the equipment at the end and also asked a few questions too.  A great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment