Wednesday 19 September 2012

BX Lesson 2 Crosthwaite

This afternoon I have been over to the small school of Crosthwaite to do BX lesson 2.  Last week we had left the story with Joseph the PM of all Egypt as his whole family went down into Egypt that is all 70 of them.  At the start of this weeks lesson I turned in my bible to the last page of Genesis and asked the children to look very closely as I turned the page to Exodus - nobody spotted it.  Spotted what you might ask?  The 400 year jump in time from the end of Genesis to the start of Exodus.  I then read the verse about the new king in Egypt who didn't know Joseph as we started the lesson.  The children sat and waited as each part of the Moses story came out.  They joined in the hand signs first of all we did last weeks then went into the new signs.  Whenever I went to my prop box a mighty show of hands went up as the children were so keen to join in the story.  Then as the lesson drew to a close and Moses dies I asked if they knew what happen next - they said no - I'll tell you next week I said - which was met with an awe!  Had a great time today with the children and it is good to see them all wanting to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment