Wednesday 26 September 2012

St Peters

Today I went along to St Peters to take the assembly.  I decided to do the assembly we had done at Low Furness last week.  The school hall at St Peters has a huge picture of the Lord's Prayer on the wall.  So after singing Creator God I stood by the picture as the children read each line of the prayer out loud.  I then gave them the Street Bible version of it having briefly explained what the Street Bible is.  Following this I showed the crossword and went down each clue as the children put up their hands to offer an answer.  Some of the answers were great answers and could very easily have fitted but they were not the ones I was needing for the crossword.  The children did give me most of the answers though.  A couple I needed to tell them.  Once filled in I used it to talk about pray in general.  I concluded the assembly with Wonderful Lord and prayed for the children during the instrumental part.

No comments:

Post a Comment