Tuesday 23 October 2012

OCC Assembly at Croftlands Juniors

This morning I went along to Croftlands Junior school to take an assembly and introduce Operation Christmas Child to the children.  I didn't start with a song but talked a little about shoe boxes before I showed the video.  I reduced the sound down and spoke over the top of it as the film clip moved from black and white to colour and smiles appear on the little faces of the children.  I told the children that this year they can help to bring out smiles just like these by getting a shoe box packing with small gifts filling it with love and sending it to a child in another country via Operation Christmas Child - Samaritans Purse.  I then explained how to do it and about the leaflet and when we would be back to collect them.  Then we sang a song and at the children's request we sang the Chicken Dance.  I then said a prayer to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment