Thursday 18 October 2012

Our Lady's Dalton

This morning I went along to Our Lady's in Dalton for the assembly.  To start with we sang Great Big God then I started to talk about who or what wakes people up in the morning, one said a bird another a clock and when said an alarm clock - which was the answer I was looking for.  I started to talk about time and how when our parents say 5 minutes to bedtime it always seems only seconds and we are off to bed.  I then played the 1 minute game and when the children thought 1 minute had gone by they had to stand up.  A number of children stood up at 1 minute.  I looked at an apple and asked if any of them had an apple tree in the garden and if they did what came before the apple - it is of course the bud then the flower.  But i asked who or what tells the tree to grow the bud.  A number of answers came out but one little boy said God.  I then showed the apple cycle from seed to plant to tree to bud to flower to apple to seed etc  I asked 3 year 5/6 children out to read a verse each from the Bible they were Genesis 1:11, 8:22 Ecclesiastes 3:1-2.  The verses talk about creation and how God put the seed into the fruit and how there is a time for everything and as long as the earth continues there will always be summer and winter, day and night etc.  I finished with Creator God followed by a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment