Tuesday 9 October 2012

Ulverston Infants Church Walk

This morning we were at Ulverston Infants Church Walk.  As our theme we decided to do something about harvest.  After singing Inright Outright I asked the children who or what woke them up in a morning, one person said the sun and someone else said an alarm clock.  Alarm clock was the answer I was looking for, I showed the children my mobile phone and said it was also my alarm and that it was woke us up in the morning.  I asked the children about time and talked about how quick 5 minutes goes when it is 'bedtime' it only seems to be seconds!!  Then we did a little test and I asked the children to try to imagine how long a minute was and to stand up when they thought 1 minute had passed by.  To make it slightly harder I put some paper over the school clock.  One little girl was 2 seconds off the minute.  I then showed the children an apple and asked if anyone had an apple tree in their garden lots of hands went up.  I continued by asking if they knew what came before the apple and again a little girl said a flower but what tells the tree I asked?  Does it have a clock inside it?  No! But God created it that way but what is even more amazing is what is inside the apple and a little boy said seeds.  I cut open an apple to show the seeds then I invited 3 year 2 children out to read some verses from the bible Genesis 1:11; 8:22 and Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 which talk about God creating fruit with seeds inside and also there being a time for everything.  I then showed a picture of the apple seed/tree cycle.  To finish we sang Creator God and Sarah prayed a short prayer about harvest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment