Tuesday 30 April 2013

Broughton School - showing faith and being a MAD person

This morning I went over to Broughton School for the assembly.  I introduced the first song by asking the children to look out for the word that kept being repeated.  It was of course Giants of Faith and the word was Faith.  I then took out my square to cross prop and introduced the story from Mark ch 2 Jesus healing the man who couldn't walk and was lowered down by his friends.  For each part of the story I moved the square into different shapes which the children enjoyed as I repeated some parts several times over.  at the end I explained that the friends had faith that Jesus could heal their friend and also that they were MAD that is Make A Difference people.  I encouraged the children to be MAD and make a difference to others around them.  Then they could Shine from the inside out which is what we sang next.  I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment