Thursday 25 April 2013

BX NT2 St Peters

This afternoon I have again been at St Peters this time for the second lesson of BX NT.  I first of all did a recap of last weeks lesson asking the children about some of the details, places, names, ages etc.  Then we did the hand signs so far.  Before starting the lesson for real I explained about the gospel accounts and why we have 4.  I pretended to write something down on a sheet of paper and allowed someone to see it.  The person next door glanced at it but the two people opposite could only say they saw me write but couldn't tell me what.  Everyone played along - I then explained that we can look at a situation from different points of view and each of us come up with a different account - like the 4 gospels.  I used some of the BX PPT pictures to help me.  The lesson went well and the children had great fun particularly when it came to the selecting the twelve part.  I got a picture (painting) of Jesus in profile, played music Dance of the Knights as the titles rolled up the screen - if you haven't got it you haven't seen the Apprentice.  I dressed a girl in a suit and tie and she was Miss Honey - just as sweet as sugar!! and as the music played she handed round 16 A5 envelopes with applications inside.  The children then were told to take out the card inside and one by one to read them out loud.  On the bottom of the card was a second envelope which in some cases said You're Hired and others You're Fired.  Then Miss Honey and I chatted about the applicants before asking the children to open the second envelope and come out if it said You're Hired - hence we got our 12 disciples.  The application letters had the name, other name, place lived, job and other interesting info.  The children really enjoyed it and played along with it very well.  Finished the lesson off with an explanation of transfiguration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment