Thursday 25 April 2013

Our Lady's - a cross, a square and shinning

This morning as the rain was so heavy Sarah decided to stay at home while I went out to do the assemblies.  To start with today we sang Giants of Faith which the children love.  I then went on to explain that my story today from the bible was from the NT and the gospel of Mark chapter 2 if the children wanted to read it for themselves.  I took out my square to cross shape and talked about the man that was taken to Jesus and lowered down through the roof.  As I went through the story I move the square around to create different shapes like a house, door, window, bed, stairs and the house and roof.  Finally as the story ended I pulled the shape into the cross shape as I explained that Jesus was the one who could forgive the man for what he had done.  I went on to say that we should be like the 4 friends that helped the man to see Jesus.  We should encourage our friends and talk to them about bible stories as well as shinning from the inside out which was the cue for our last song.  At the end I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment