Thursday 25 April 2013

Leven Valley School - a square, a cross, being MAD and dancing like a chicken.

It was great to see all the children of Leven Valley School again after the Easter Holidays.  I started the assembly with Giants of Faith and told the children to listen out for a word that keeps on repeating as I was going to talk about it later.  I then went on to explain that my story today from the bible was from the NT and the gospel of Mark chapter 2 if the children wanted to read it for themselves.  I took out my square to cross shape and talked about the man that was taken to Jesus and lowered down through the roof.  As I went through the story I move the square around to create different shapes like a house, door, window, bed, stairs and the house and roof.  Finally as the story ended I pulled the shape into the cross shape as I explained that Jesus was the one who could forgive the man for what he had done.  I went on to say that we should be like the 4 friends that helped the man to see Jesus.  We should encourage our friends and talk to them about bible stories I even said that Jesus wants us to be MAD for him - that is Make A Difference.  I encouraged the children to be MAD people as well as shinning from the inside out which was the cue for our last song.  At the end I said a prayer.  As the children hadn't been outside all day as a treat we did the chicken Dance to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment