Monday 25 February 2019

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Church Walk Primary School.  We didn't start with a song today as I had a special demonstration to do.  I asked for three children to come out and help me, I told them that at the end they would get some sweets.  I then gave them a choice of 4 playing cards, they could swap them if they wanted to with mine or with each other.  Once they had made their final choice I got some numbered coloured discs out of my pocket and gave them a disc with their chosen number on it.  Now the coloured disc was exchanged for a bag of sweets - except I got the full bag of sweets while the children just got a couple of sweets.  I pointed out that they should have made a betters choice.  This was the theme of our assembly Making Choices.  I then told the parable of the wise and foolish man displaying pictures as I went along.  I explained that the wise man build on a solid foundation and that is what we should build our lives on by following Jesus and believing in God - reading the Bible.  I also said that everyday we make choices from the clothes we wear to the food we eat to the way we behave in certain situations like do we join in when someone is being unkind - or do we join in when someone is showing great kindness.  To finish off we sang Be Happy as it says in the verse that I will follow Jesus till the day I drop - now that is a good choice to make.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment