Wednesday 6 February 2019

OT Mini Lesson 5 Burlington School

This afternoon I have been at Burlington School for the last lesson of OT Mini.  Last we week heard the stories of the first kings of Israel and how the kingdom was united then divided and broke apart to become Israel in the 10 and Judah in the south.  I then explained again the role of the prophets as I went into the story of Israel being scattered.  I moved on to the exile of Judah and covered the stories of Daniel and Esther.  I also explained that the people started to return after 70 years with Zerubbabel who rebuilt the temple then Ezra who told the people about God and the law before Nehemiah returned to build the walls.  Then the people waited - the prophets had told them about a saviour so they waited and waited until 400 years or so later Christ came.  At the end of the lesson I gave them a certificate and the 40 OT Mini Bible Stories book by Andy Robb and encouraged them to look at the stories again.

No comments:

Post a Comment