Tuesday 12 February 2019

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I went along to do the assembly at Low Furness School.  Our theme today was The Bible as a Book as the school are celebrating World Book day on Thursday.  So I took with me a selection of Bibles that I have to show the children.  I also took with me 66 A5 books that had all the names of the books of the Bible on them.  The idea was to get 66 children to help me explain about the bible - yes I did say 66 children to help me.  So we got 5 of the school council children to hold up the books of the law, 12 children that love history to hold the history books, 5 children that like singing and poems for the next group, 5 children that speak a lot for the major prophets and 12 that don't say so much for the minor prophets.  By now the children are about half way round the hall - we carried on into the New Testament.  We had 5 children to hold up the 4 gospels plus Acts, the 9 children that like to write letters for Pauls letters to the churches followed by 4 others for the letters to people, then 9 other children to hold up the remaining books so 66 children almost made a circle round the hall - this I said it what is in the Bible.  I then showed the children some of the Bibles I had taken in like the Action Bible, Lego Brick Testament, the Minecraft Bible etc and said that even at my age I still love to read the Bible and discover new things out about it.  Sarah encouraged them to read it for themselves.  To finish off we sang God can do anything as he has inspired many people over a long period of time to write the Bible.  Sarah then finished off with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment