Monday 25 February 2019

Penny Bridge Academy

This afternoon I went to do the assembly at Penny Bridge Academy.  I didn't start with a song as I had a special illustration to do, I asked three children to help out - loads of hands went up - I did say that they had no idea what they were going to have to do - it might be pouring cold water on them I said!  I gave the three children a choice of four playing cards an ace, a two, a three or a four.  Once they had made the selection I asked if they would like to swap cards but they were happy with the choice they had made.  At this point they knew that they were looking at the possibility of winning a bag of sweets as I said to them as they came up one of us out here was going to go away with a bag of sweets.  So the choice of number was made and they didn't want to change.  I then took out a small bag containing small coloured discs which had numbers on, I swapped the numbered card for the disc of the same number then looked at the coloured disc gave each child the matching coloured bag except my bag had all the sweets in it - wrong choice I said to them as they took out their two small sweets.  I then told the Bible story of the wise and foolish men the one built his house on a good strong foundation while the other chose to build his on sand.  Then when trouble came the good foundation house stood firm while the bad one fell.  I explained what this means for us today in that we need to make good choices in life and base them on a strong foundation such as following Jesus and reading the Bible.  This linked into Be Happy as it says in the song I will follow Jesus til the day I drop.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment