Thursday 7 February 2019

Our Lady's School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Our Lady's School, it was the first visit of 2019, so after saying Happy New Year I started the assembly with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger and asked the children to guess what the assembly was going to be about as the word appeared in the song (and it wasn't burger) - it was love of course.  I then explained that the Bible is full of stories and some of them show us love in the way people love others or groups of people or hoe God shows us love.  I focused on a few stories like Moses, David, Ruth, Esther and Jesus.  I displayed the words from John 15:12 - Love one another as I have loved you.  I explained the verse to the children and challenged them to do the same by showing kindness, love, compassion towards each other.  I also asked the children how they could do it too - we had by being kind, playing with people, giving a hug to someone, giving someone a smile.  I then concluded that when we do that we Shine from the inside out.  After the song I closed with a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment